Hire the Best Home Contractors: 4-Step Guide by Fortress Home
Home contractors are basically general contractors that specialize in overseeing and executing residential projects of any scale. Everything — from a simple bathroom remodel to a new home construction can be handled by these guys.
A residential general contractor takes care of each milestone of the task — evaluates the budget, gets the required permits, hires subcontractors, purchases the materials, builds or remodels, provides project management until its successful completion.
In order to hire the best general contractors near you, it is highly advisable to follow a few simple steps, mentioned in this Guide.
Getting ready to hire home contractors
The list of jobs
Hiring contractors might be overwhelming, but by checking out this list of services that they provide, you will start having some clarity. Here are the most requested jobs:
- New home construction
- Home remodel
- Additions to the house
- Roof renovation
- Floor repair
- Walls installation and renovation
- Windows and doors installation and renovation
- Kitchen remodel
- Bathroom renovation
- Living room remodel
- Bedroom: repairing old, building the addition
- Hiring subcontractors (HVAC, carpenters, plumbers, electrical work, installation of utility systems, etc.)
8 basic milestones
To get the job done, your contractor will have to go through a few milestones:
- Get all the necessary permits
- Order materials and deliver them
- Hire subcontractors if they are needed
- Prepare the site for the job: demolish old structures, bring out the furniture, clean the space
- Begin the process and follow the schedule
- Manage and control every stage of the process
- Make sure that all safety and building requirements are met in full scale
- Finish the job according to the contract and close the deal
Safety and security
If you are hiring workers who will either stay in your residence for a substantial amount of time or build your new home, you definitely want to feel safe and secure. That's why, as a homeowner, you only want to trust your space to real pros. This is when our Guide advice comes to play.